I'll Be There For You When You Need Me

Saturday, December 18, 2004

16th December

Another entry for 16th December 04 coz again, I came back late. Work for the day was mundane, require little effort & required the architect's views on it, but he went to sleep after lunch so work ended early for the day.

I went to bathe with the rest of my roomies, all of us bathed early (so it wasn't too cold) & some of us helped to prepare dinner since we washed-up early. Cooking is really fun, especially when the food prepared are all good food - eggs, vegggies & french fries. All of us enjoyed the dinner.

As soon as dinner is finished, we went to wash the dishes & when we're back, our host, she started to weave - it was the pouches that the gals reserved. For the past few days & nights, she had to weave until late, when I saw her in the noon, she really looked tired & seeing her weave made me realise how great she is & how impt she is to the family. The family is poor as compared to the other families in Ban Yafu. Her husband doesn't do much except smoke, so I dun feel he contributes lots to the family.

She once said that she treats the 5 of us like family & she'll be very sad when we leave (I think she'll cry). That really touched me alot coz we've only been with her for 2 weeks. I learnt alot from her. The strength she has & how hardworking she is for her family. I'll make it a point to apply to my daily life when I'm back in Singapore. She's a true inspiration.

We had a prayer session at Maresa's place. After what Weipeng said, I felt that the faith I have in GoD isn't there coz although I say that I commit all my worries & burdens unto HIM, I still lead a worrying life which is so contradicting. It daunted to me that I meed to renew my faith in HIM & do what I say. Thankz bro!

Also...I chanced upon a gals gathering at XY's place where most of the gals were telling the co-leader abt how they felt towards the leader. Being at the top is nv wasy coz it's lonely but many dun realise the loneliness that is experienced at the top. But the leader doesn't care what the team thinks coz he being the "common enemy" unites the whole team to work better. This always happen when functioning as an organization / team. It will nv be easy.

After that, upon reaching home, Evan & I had a long talk till abt 2.30am. A very deep & close talk. Our friendship definitely grew & deepened. Thank you Lord for this night.

Thought of The Day:

It is with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye.
Antoine De Saint-Exupery

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home